- 1 Reviews of the Best Electric Water Heater
- 1.1 EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts, 112.5 Amps With Patented Self Modulating Technology
- 1.2 Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 4 GPM
- 1.3 Reliance 6 6 SOMS K 6 Gallon Compact Electric Water Heater
- 1.4 EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 13KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology
- 1.5 Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 Plus Electric Tankless Whole House Water Heater, 240 V, 28.8 kW
- 2 Why to Chose Electric Water Heater?
- 3 What Is the Difference Between Traditional and Portable Electric Heaters?
- 4 Tank or Tankless Electric Water Heater
- 5 Final Verdict
Something universal and necessary in every household is definitely the water heaters, appliances we all used to make our bath time pleasant. There are many of them on the market and to select the best electric machine for your home, it is desirable to read some Best Electric Water Heater Reviews before buying.
Collecting brief, but useful information from this article before buying will contribute to savings in your family budget, but will also give you a proper choice of products suited to your needs.
Reviews of the Best Electric Water Heater
EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts, 112.5 Amps With Patented Self Modulating Technology
With ECO 27 you will get a heater made of copper and stainless components. That secures a high-quality product with long durability. Is this feature important to you?
The price is acceptable, although not the best solution. But, if you consider this is a tankless option, we believe you can fit.
EcoSmart is a reliable producer, and they claim this tankless model is an excellent choice for big families. However, it is more common in the households with warm climates.
This device is a favorite among customers because it takes a little space (its size is 17 x 17 x 3.8inches) and can be connected with all the necessary components, while at the same time it still works perfectly. People who had problems with these devices mainly complain that EcoSmart has nobody to activate the warranty.
- The water heating cost will be up to 50%, and you will get the lifetime warranty on electronics, exchanger, and elements
- Temperature controls with a digital system so that you will have only 1-degree increments
- Thanks to its size, this product fits every bathroom, while its design is modern and stylish
- High-quality materials, like copper and stainless steel, improve its durability and maintenance
- Very easy to mount up and thanks to its weight of only 16.8 pounds practical to handle
- It could be shipped to the USA only, not other countries
- You should meet all electrical requirements before installation
- Works good, but only in warm climate areas
More information about this heater you can find on this page.
Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 4 GPM
From company Rheem, there is coming another model – RTE 13, which also has a solid performance. This unit is ideal for use with a single shower and a good choice for smaller families.
Thanks to dimensions that are 7.2 inches on each side, it will easily fit in a small space, yet you will have a flow rate of even 4 GPM. What sets it apart from others is its extremely affordable price, and for this reason, many decide just for this device.
People like this heater because it is small, saves energy and you can install it by yourself. On the other side, some people are not satisfied with it as they think the warranty is not convenient and many experienced this heater is not repairable.
- This product doesn’t need venting, so there will be no gas in the bathroom
- It has a low-flow activation so that you will have heated water for each purpose
- There is a LED light that indicates standby mode but is also useful to show an active work of the device
- External temperature control makes it easy to use
- It has an Energy Star certificate and modulating power which improve energy efficiency
- Not suitable for big families and cannot run more than one shower
- Warranty is not a positive aspect of this product
- Cannot be shipped outside the USA
Those who visit this page will find out more about pricing and other important features.
Reliance 6 6 SOMS K 6 Gallon Compact Electric Water Heater
If tankless heaters are not something you like, get one with a middle size tank of 6 Gallons. This electric heater will provide you long and constant shower. We all love that, right?
The device has an attractive price and the advantage of fast delivery. The pressure and temperature are installed directly in the factory, so there is no need to worry about these items.
This product from Reliance weights 35 pounds and has dimensions which are 5.2 x 14.1 x 14.1 inches. Thus, it is suitable for placing on the counter or for crawling space installation.
Customers like this water heater as they could easily mount the device on campers and recreative vehicles. It can warm water faster than some other devices. Users who are not satisfied have complaints about leaking and installation process.
- The tank is made of glass inside, so this protects it from corrosion.
- Inside the reservoir is a heating element made of copper, and it can work on 120 volts
- The warranty is superb, for the tank and parts you will get six years
- Short labor warranty of only one year
- This item is available only for the USA countries
- You can use only the hot water which you already have in the tank
If you ever want to look over additional characteristics of this product, it will be enough to click here, and you can find a better explanation about each feature.
EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 13KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology
Those who live alone in warmer areas and have a small bathroom, as a potential solution for the heating of water can choose the device from EcoSmart with sign ECO 11.
This model from EcoSmart is tankless, and it might be a perfect solution for one shower or two sinks and can bring you savings of as much as 60% on the costs you are paying for water heating. Do you think this saving is worth of this choice?
With ECO 11 you will save your space, as its size is only 6.5 x 13.5 x 10 inches. Fast shipping is possible so that you can get it in only one day.
People love this heater as it is tiny but still powerful to do the job. Negative comments say the product comes without a manual guide, valve leaks and the flow is not okay.
- Small size fits almost every part of your small bathroom
- The product has digital temperature control
- No need to worry about durability, it is made of copper and stainless steel
- Although the producer says there is a lifetime warranty for residential use, the warranty is not satisfactory coverage for problems
- The flow is only 1.5 GPM, so lower than you might have in the past
- There is no manual guide, although they say it is DIY model
This product is available at this link so that you can take a look.
Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 Plus Electric Tankless Whole House Water Heater, 240 V, 28.8 kW
Tempra 29 Plus is coming from company Stiebel Eltron, and this is a tankless water heater that can help you make your bath pleasant and comfortable.
This electric water heater is not a cheap option and in comparison to other devices has a high price. However, if you read a bit more about the features, will you be ready to pay exactly for this product?
Its size is 23.1 x 21 x 8.6 inches and weight is 17.4 pounds. The color it has is electric, while it has a three-year limited warranty.
Some customers say they use this device for many years without any problem, while other clients say they are not satisfied as it uses more electricity than they are willing to spend.
- It has a sleek, modern design
- This product does not require venting
- The device can even be shipped to some other, selected countries that are not part of the USA
- It saves only 15-20% of your electricity, not 50% like many other products
- Licensed personnel has to make installation
- There is only a short warranty period
If you are willing to explore more about this model, going to will help you find out some additional notes.
Why to Chose Electric Water Heater?
What Is the Difference Between Traditional and Portable Electric Heaters?
Once you decide to buy an electric water heater, you will have to make another choice between traditional and portable model. The main difference between these two types of heaters can be characterized as follows:
- Portable heaters are flexible and able to work on the 120 v and are more practical
- Traditional heaters are larger and have the possibility of large amounts of water heating
Tank or Tankless Electric Water Heater
Like there are different types of water heaters which work on gas, propane or similar energy sources, there are also different types of electric water heaters. What should you have in mind when deciding between a tank or tankless electric water heater? These are the main differences:
- The electric tank water heater can use alternative sources of energy, while tankless cannot
- With a tank water heater, you have to heat the full quantity of water, while with a tankless model only the water you use
- As with a tank heater, there will be already enough hot water; one can choose the flow. With tankless heaters, you will be limited to the water flow defined by the producer
When it comes to electric water heaters, we can say that these are the most reliable devices you can afford. Maybe electricity is not the cheapest source of energy, but it is certainly much easier to cut costs if you decide to take a tankless version or if you connect the tank device to the solar power.
Whichever of the methods mentioned above you choose, you cannot go wrong. All devices are high quality, and each of them has advantages, but also disadvantages.
Potential buyers should thoroughly read all the features that are provided in the best electric water heater reviews because only then can observe everything that is of crucial importance at the moment of purchase.